Sunday 20 December 2015

WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP - I AM READY TO PARTY

Every December the same thought comes into my head that the amount of parties I have to addend during the festive season is probably far greater than the total of the parties I’ve been to in the previous eleven months, wouldn't you agree?

Office Christmas parties, drinks with friends, lunches with clients and dinners with the family all keep us busier then ever.  And let’s not forget the Christmas shopping, of course.  And it is not just the gifts and presents that we are spending a fortune on every year, we also need an injection of a few new dresses in our wardrobes, what with all those parties and all, and you don’t want to show up wearing the same outfit over and over again. 
WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP
I, like most women, was also caught in the whirlwind of the festive season and did a bit of clothes shopping myself.  However, rather buying yet another dress, I decided to go for separates this time.  I figured that not only I can get many more combos out of a skirt and a top then from a dress but even an old top will look different paired with a new skirt and vice versa.

WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP

WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP
This season it is all about the revival of a lace.  Don’t be alarmed, the new trend has nothing to do with the wedding gown, it is modern, sexy, sleek and sheer.  In other words, everything you need and nothing you don’t.  There is one thing, however, that the wedding dress and current trend do have in common, it is colour.  White seems to be the dominant colour on a runaways and in stores everywhere.  I like it because even though we are in the midst of the Antipodean summer, it reminds me of the beautiful delicate snowflakes softly falling from the dark winter skies.

WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP
After few trials and errors, I chose a stretch lace skirt from Bec & Bridge with an asymmetrical hem and a raffle detail running down along one leg that gathers right above the knee so when I turn my back, it innocently falls right below the knees, while the front view, thanks to the ruffle, sits slightly higher, revealing just enough of one leg for a sexy but not a slutty look.


WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP
I didn’t want to be dressed in white head to toe, so I chose Stevie May's sheer wildflower lace top in a contrasting indigo blue.

Sometimes wearing clothes which shows too much skin can pose quite a challenge if you don’t want to look cheap or slutty. This can be avoided by making sure that the garment in question has a rather modest yet feminine style and that what I like about this garment:  the high cut of the neck and the primness of the cup sleeves balance out the bare skin illusion of the fabric.  The other factor that won me over is that it is looks as gorgeous with a pair of jeans as with an evening skirt.
WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP


WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP

The lace is such a richly textured fabric that it does not require much of accessories.  However, one of them should never be ignored, understated nor forgotten – a pair of fabulous shoes!!!

WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP


WHITE LACE SKIRT|INDIGO BLUE LACE TOP




Linking up with Elegantly Fashionable

No comments:

Post a Comment