Wednesday 16 November 2016

SPRING ESSENTIAL - A TRENCH COAT

Hi everyone,

It is official, spring has arrived (in Australia, that is) and with it the days are getting longer as the temperature starts to rise.  Although it is not hot enough to shed off all the layers we have been wearing for the past three months (the seasons in OZ are reversed) but the weather is just right for trench coats in light luxurious fabrics.  I bought mine last year from the  Witchery store and was very happy with it.  This spring is no exception, I am giving it a full run wearing it over pants, slacks and skirts.
This endlessly adaptable wardrobe staple with a seasonal twist is, in my opinion, one of the most important trans-seasonal essentials that we ladies should have in our wardrobes.  The key is in the fabric that shimmers slightly when in motion, in the softness of the folds and in the intricate detailing of the garment that makes it possible to bring style and function together and allows us to look chic and elegant at any time of the day.
trench coat
My outfit details:  trench coat Witchery, slacks -  Zara, jumper:  Sloane Society, shoes: Country Road


As you may know from reading my earlier posts, that one of the criteria that I look for when shopping for clothes is its versatility.  I love mixing and matching old and new and whenever I buy a new outfit, I always make sure that it works with the clothes that already sit in my wardrobe, and the more different looks I can come up with, the happier I am.

And my new trench coat ticks all the boxes.
a trench coat

a trench coat
My outfit details:  trench coat - Witchery, pants - Sass & Bide, shoes - DVF and top - Country Road (all worn here and here)
a trench coat
My outfit details:  trench coat - Witchery, skirt - Witchery and shoes - Louis Vuitton (seen here)
Linking up with Sydney Fashion Hunter, Shelbee on the Edge, Fashion Should be Fun


No comments:

Post a Comment