Wednesday 19 November 2014

SHOEMANIA

When I travel, I am always on the lookout for exceptional window displays by department stores, shops or even restaurants.  Other people’s creative talents are always an inspiration for my own imaginative thinking.   These photos were taken in London at Selfridge department store.  The advertising campaign was called “Shoemania”.  The brainchild was to bring together over 200 shoe shops and labels under one roof, dedicating an entire floor to them.

I was bemused by the imagination of the creative team behind the window displays.  They utilised those boring, familiar to every housewives utensils and transformed them into the most desirable, admirable girl’s second best friends (after diamonds).  I couldn’t miss such an experience and went inside to find myself completely disoriented and overwhelmed amongst too many rows upon rows of shoes of every possible colour, shape, size, etc, etc.  Needless to say, I left empty handed…except the photos and lovely memories, of course.

A Piece of Kitchen Furniture 

Sewing Machines

 Irons on Heels

 A Pair of Dustbusters



 Diamonds are a girl's best friend

"Fatal Attraction"


 A shoe with a secret storage compartment




This shoe is about 4 meters tall


No comments:

Post a Comment